Junior Graphic Designer
2+ yrs. of full-time (post graduate) experience
Award-winning Graphic Design & Marketing Firm in Evanston seeks brand-thinking designer who loves creativity and understands the importance of working in both the digital and print space to solve today’s branding challenges. If you love to collaborate in a team environment, are a fluid and diverse problem solver, and a clear and passionate communicator who understands that design is about more than just picking pretty colors and typography, then this position is perfect for you.
This position includes responsibility for all aspects of the design process, including project management. You will work with our team and also directly with clients.
We are a 30-year-old branding firm committed to staying on the cutting-edge of design and marketing through talent, technology and teamwork. Our climate is a warm, fun, easygoing atmosphere, with a strong team approach and desire to get results through design thinking.
If you are…
- A natural-born communicator with a sense of humor.
- Creative, and know how to develop a brand.
- Detail-oriented and a keen problem solver.
- Friendly (able to network and interface with clients as needed).
- Curious and eager to research and learn.
- Comfortable taking initiative and being a self-starter.
- Willing to work with a close-knit team.
- A team player, and love to collaborate and share ideas.
- Proven conceptual, design and production experience
- Strong project management, organizational and client skills
- Comfortable balancing both design and production work
- Able to manage file preparation for delivery to print vendors
- Interest and experience in marketing strategy and implementation
- Experience with social platforms, inbound and digital marketing
- Manage file preparation for delivery to print vendors
Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field from a four-year accredited design program. HubSpot Certification a plus.
- Print design: has designed dynamic print materials from concept through production of print-ready files
- Web design: experience in digital/web/motion design a plus.
- Inbound marketing: We are a HubSpot agency partner, so HubSpot certification is desired; experience with any inbound platform is a plus.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in web development a plus
- Microsoft Office
- Strong teamwork abilities, but also has the ability to work independently
- Professional demeanor and customer-focused orientation
- Organized self-starter and problem solver
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal—and able to thoughtfully participate in creative critiques
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines—stay on task and work within defined timelines
- Dedicated employee with strong work ethic
- You want to continue to develop
1515 Sherman Ave.
Evanston, IL 60201