Digital Marketing Assistant
NeigerDesign is searching for a full-time Digital Marketing Assistant to join our team!
Who are you?
Do you keep a finger on the pulse of digital marketing and social media strategies and best practices? Are you a strong writer who understands how to communicate and engage with different audiences? Are you interested in working for a boutique marketing firm and collaborating with a close-knit team? This may be an excellent opportunity for you.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who will get excited about creating content that delivers increased awareness and engagement across multiple marketing platforms and helps our clients reach their audience and make an impact.
Who we are
NeigerDesign is a marketing, branding and web design agency located in the heart of Downtown Evanston, IL. We help associations, non-profits, universities, and other mission-driven organizations connect with their audiences and grow their brand awareness and revenue.
In this role, you will get to
- Assist with creating and driving strategic marketing initiatives to support our own and our clients’ marketing strategies.
- Write creative content, including white papers, blog posts, landing pages, and social media messages and optimize for SEO best practices.
- Craft lead generation and nurturing campaign plans to take engagement and awareness to the next level.
- Research trends and changes in the industry; compile account and competitor analyses.
- Work with designers to keep the website and portfolio updated and current.
- Track specific digital campaign channel efforts within each respective channel.
- Create and maintain a content calendar.
- Learn how to use HubSpot and digital marketing tools to develop campaigns and promote our brand.
- Organize marketing files, samples, industry publications.
- Participate as part of team to revise, expand and implement marketing plan.
- Assist, as needed, with reports, data preparation and miscellaneous administrative functions.
- Facilitate and engage in online conversations with followers and clients, including responding to queries or questions.
- Coordinate design awards entries and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- 2-4 years of experience in a marketing role or a role that included marketing or social media experience. Internship experience accepted.
- Live in the Chicagoland/Evanston area
- Proficiency with social media platforms and strong knowledge of social media strategies (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, TikTok)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Experience with, or knowledge of, digital marketing tools or platforms (HubSpot experience a plus!)
- Familiarity with Canva or Photoshop
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, communication, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of digital marketing web traffic metrics, campaign engagement metrics and SEO
- Proactive, organized, and can juggle multiple projects at once
- Ability to manage time effectively and focus on details
To be successful in this position, you should be
- A content & social media dynamite: You know how to be authentic online and want to get experience leveraging your marketing skills to get our audience engaged with our brand and our expertise.
- An excellent writer: Writing is essential to everything we do at NeigerDesign. You should be able to capture our brand voice and infuse it into email, social media and blog campaigns.
- Resourceful: You are a self-starter who is curious and enjoys coming up with creative solutions to challenges and speaks up about your wonderful marketing ideas.
- Friendly & a great communicator: You’ll work closely with our Marketing team members, Designers, Copywriter and Web Developer, as well as network and build relationships with our clients.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. The Digital Marketing Assistant reports to the Digital Marketing Strategist.
NeigerDesign is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.