Mid-level to Senior Designer
Are you passionate about branding?
Do you want to find a place where you can stay for a while and work on comprehensive projects?
Are you extremely comfortable with client communication and understand a client’s big picture goals?
Do you truly want to help clients get results through design-thinking?
Do you have institutional (education, association, foundation) and corporate experience?
Are you looking for a great team atmosphere?
Do you have incredible drive and work ethic?
We are growing and looking for the next team member.
We want to fill a mid-level to senior designer position with project management responsibilities. If you have excellent design & production talents backed by strong organizational skills and a great sense of humor, we’d like to meet you. Profile of the perfect candidate: 5-15 years experience, 4-year Bachelor's Degree with a major in communications or graphic design, strong work ethic, enjoys a team setting, excellent design portfolio. You must have experience designing for both print and digital.
- Responsible for developing creative concepts through final execution.
- Project management from design through completion.
- Plan budgets, estimate jobs for proposals-responsible for adhering to project budgets.
- Research for brand development and communications strategies.
- Website design-front end.
- Client contact and client relationship building: scheduling, progress reports, conference reports, and writing creative briefs.
- Photography and outsourced illustration art direction.
- Supervise printing.
- Plan website content, and supervise outsourced copywriting for both print and web.
- Occasional overtime and travel required.
- Estimate projects and write proposals.
- Studio management–supervise and train interns and junior designers when needed.
- Participate in the design community at-large.
- Remain current on best practices, trends and technology developments in the print and digital media space and in client industries.
- Your own ideas and initiative to continue to build an inviting, stimulating and always evolving creative environment.
- 4-year degree in Graphic Design or Communication Design from an accredited design program and a GPA of at least 3.4.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, print production, and responsive web design (familiarity with HTML and CSS highly recommended).
- In-depth knowledge of appropriate usage of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience in web design is required.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze and problem solve.
- Excellent writing abilities.
- Organized, self-starter and problem solver.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Marketing Strategy experience
- HubSpot or other inbound marketing tool experience
- Social media experience and expertise
- Extensive experience in proposal writing
- Editorial and institutional (educational, associations, foundations) as well as corporate experience
*Portfolio—pdf or website—must be submitted upon application to be considered.
If you are interested in this position with NeigerDesign, please send a cover letter, resume and samples to NeigerDesign via email or mail as noted below. Please, no phone calls.
1515 Sherman Ave
Evanston, IL 60201 USA
NeigerDesign is an equal opportunity employer.