Social & Digital Marketing Intern
For Summer 2023, NeigerDesign is searching for a Social & Digital Marketing Intern to join our team. If you’re a current student eager to get hands-on experience in digital marketing, this may be the internship you’re looking for! You will work 20-25 hours per week starting as early as May, 2023 and ending in August or September. The starting and ending dates are flexible depending upon your school schedule. During this paid internship, you will get the opportunity to apply your marketing knowledge in the real world, grow your skillset and get experience in strategic digital marketing and content development.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A college student entering their senior year or entering a Master’s program
- Interested in pursuing a career in marketing (previous work experience not required, but a plus!)
- Living in the Chicagoland area
- Available 20-25 hours per week for work in our downtown Evanston office.
- A strategic thinker towards soliciting new business and identifying or creating marketing content.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, creative, and collaborative
- An excellent writer and strong proofreader
- Familiar with:
- Content and social media marketing (HubSpot experience a plus!)
- Canva, Photoshop, or similar
- Vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19 and willing to show vaccination card.
Every day will be different! You will be assisting with social media, blogging, email marketing, SEO, and website content – plus, you’ll get the chance to sit in and learn about marketing strategy, building brand awareness, audience development, and client relations.
In this role, you will get to:
- Develop lead generation campaign plans and write content for social media, email, blog, case studies and website to promote the NeigerDesign brand and take our awareness to the next level
- Track specific digital campaign channel efforts within each respective channel
- Create and maintain a content calendar
- Learn how to use HubSpot and digital marketing tools to develop campaigns and promote our brand
- Ideate and plan our annual client gift (We love to thank our clients with thoughtful, on-brand gifts and you’ll get to be a part of and experience our gift giving process)
- Organize marketing files, samples, industry publications
- Participate as part of team to revise, expand and implement marketing plan
- Assist, as needed, with reports, data preparation and miscellaneous administrative functions
- Learn about client relations and sit in on client meetings
To be successful in this internship, you should be:
- Contagiously curious about marketing: We’re going to expose you to a lot of general and digital marketing practices, so if you’re curious and excited about marketing, you’ll fit right in.
- A content & social media dynamite: You know how to be authentic online and want to get experience leveraging your marketing skills to get our audience engaged with our brand and our expertise.
- An excellent writer: Writing is essential to everything we do at NeigerDesign. You should be able to capture our brand voice and infuse it into email, social media and blog campaigns.
- Resourceful: We’ll train you on our process and provide guidance on projects, but you should enjoy coming up with creative solutions to challenges and speak up about your wonderful marketing ideas.
- A great communicator: You’ll work closely with and learn from our Marketing Strategist and Digital Marketing Specialist, along with our Designers and Web Developer.
- A paid internship at the current minimum wage of $13.35/hour and the opportunity to work on interesting projects to add to your marketing portfolio
- Mentoring and feedback from members of NeigerDesign’s talented and thoughtful staff
- Do good work, with fun people, in a relaxed and casual environment
- Participate in NeigerDesign’s Summer Fun Day activities
NeigerDesign is an equal opportunity employer.